If you tried installing the latest QuickBooks updates and the process ended abruptly, you might be encountering a QuickBooks error. Issues with the Windows registry can make the QuickBooks error 1402 pop up while working on the application. The error message states that QuickBooks cannot open the key and causes issues with the installation. If you are facing the error 1402 while installing QuickBooks and want to know how to fix it, follow this article till the end. We are going to provide you with the solutions for this error code.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error H202
If you are having trouble terminating the error on your own, you can get in touch with our team of experts at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance.
What causes the QuickBooks Error Code 1402 to Arise while Updating QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks error 1402 can arise due to the following issues –
- Some essential QuickBooks installation files might be missing or damaged.
- Your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version and is outdated.
- The Windows components are damaged or having some issues.
- Some applications are running in the background of your Windows.
Steps for Addressing the Error 1402 in QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1402.
Step 1. Utilize the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to Fix Installation Issues
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and fix the issues with your QuickBooks installation.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run a quick diagnosis.
- Once done, try re-installing QuickBooks and see if the error 1402 is resolved.
Step 2. Allow Full Control by Editing your Registry Settings
Configure your Windows Registry settings for fixing the QuickBooks error message 1402.
- Open the Run window and type regedit in the appeared text box.
- Run the command and backup your Windows registry before proceeding further.
- From the File tab, choose Export and type a name for the backup file.
- Select Permissions from the Edit tab and click on Add.
- Select Everyone and checkmark the Full Control option, followed by exiting the registry.
- Access QuickBooks again and try to install the latest updates to check the status of the error code.
Step 3. Repair the .Net Framework and the Windows MSXML Component
The Windows components might be facing some issues which are resulting in the QuickBooks error code 1402.
- Firstly, download and save the MSI file on your computer.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to the Search Programs and Files search box and type exe/fvaum/%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi.
- Search for the command and repair the .Net Framework by going to the Control Panel.
- Select the Repair/Uninstall option and click Repair to mend the issues.
- Once the Windows components are fixed, install the QuickBooks Desktop updates.
The QuickBooks Error 1402 can be easily resolved with the help of the steps given above. If the error code persists, you can take professional assistance from our technical team by dialing 1.855.738.2784.
User Also Seaech On SERP – Error 1402 Installing QuickBooks, Error 1402 Updating QuickBooks, Error 1402: Could not open key, QuickBooks 2018 Error 1402, QuickBooks Desktop Error 1402, QuickBooks Enterprise Error 1402, QuickBooks Error Code 1402, QuickBooks Error Message 1402, QuickBooks Giving Error 1402, QuickBooks Installation Error 1402, QuickBooks Pro Update Error 1402, QuickBooks Update Error 1402, Unable to Install QuickBooks Error 1402
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Restore Failed