MBOX file is a standard and cross-platform format for files that store attachments of emails within the. It creates a singular file for storing messages sent via email. Additionally, it’s capable of working with Thunderbird, Eudora, PocoMail and others, which allows you to save emails.
While Outlook lets users store and retrieve their email calendars, contacts, journals and tasks. This is why the majority of users are searching for an answer to this issue What is the best way to import MBOX file to Outlook? This blog will guide you through the step-by step method to transfer MBOX into Outlook manually and professionally.
Why do we need to Change MBOX into Outlook?
Let’s begin by discussing why it’s important to import MBOX into Outlook. Before proceeding to the solution section for the transfer of MBOX emails to Outlook PST.
- Outlook and its PST files are readily accessible and affluent software, as is their format.
- It has a variety of built-in features which make it the top preference over other models.
- Outlook lets users manage their contacts, emails calendars, tasks journals and notes with ease.
- Sometimes, users encounter problems using the Thunderbird email program and would like to switch to Outlook.
- There are numerous benefits and features with MS Office suite products.
- Outlook offers password security for its files, and is therefore more secure than MBOX.
- Users wish to view the MBOX emails from offline mode.
- There is also the possibility of having to move because they want an application for desktops that allows access to their MBOX emails.
These are the various factors and motives that force users to transfer your MBOX mail into Outlook email applications. Here are the methods to transfer MBOX into Outlook.
Related Blogs: Manual Tips to Fix Corrupt MS Outlook
Manual Method for Exporting MBOX Emails into Outlook
Follow the steps here to change MBOX into Outlook:
- Open Gmail and Log in using Gmail username along with a password.
- Select the icon for Setting and then move into the Forwarding section and POP/IMAP sections.
- Choose the option to turn on IMAP.
- Then, you can configure your IMAP account, then choose the Save changes button.
Note:To apply the manual steps to solve the problem it is necessary to set up Thunderbird as well as Outlook onto your PC.
- Then, launch the Thunderbird on your computer.
- Start the mail account setup window and type in the required information and then press the Continue button.
- Enable the IMAP option and click on the Manual config button.
- Select the necessary details:
Server Hostname:- imap.gmail.com
port:- 993, SSL/TLS
- Now, click on the Make an account brand new account.
- After that, verify your Gmail account from Thunderbird and open any mail.
- And finally Drag the file and then drop the document into your Gmail mailbox to add MBOX into Outlook.
Import MBOX Files Into Outlook
Follow these steps to connect Outlook to connect to a Gmail account:
- Open Outlook and opt with the File option.
- Select manually to configure the server setting or other server kinds in the wizard that opens.
- Choose HTML with the option to email via the internet and press the The Next option. Fill in the necessary information.
- Check out your Option IMAP in the Advance Setup wizard.
- Enter the information below:
Server that is incoming: gmail.com
- After that, click next to the Additional Settings option.
- Within the Outgoing server: Select my outgoing server (SMTP)
- Within the Incoming server: Select my incoming server (SMTP) and then enter the port number 993.
- Check for the secured connection feature. You can change the encryption type in SSC in the case of IMAP mail accounts.
- In the server that is outgoing:Enter port no 587. Change the encryption type in TLS and then press the OK button, and go out.
- Choose the Test account setting. (It is used to check the setting of the account)
- In the end, you will receive a message that your account settings are right Click on the Next button.
If you follow the steps above correctly, you’ll be able to import all of the information in Outlook using the help of a Gmail created profile.
Limitation of Manual Steps
- The method is lengthy as well as risky and challenging to implement.
- It was a requirement for a high level of technical expertise.
- Sometimes, the procedure should be a lengthy procedure.
- The manual method to import MBOX into Outlook as there could be an opportunity of losing the information.
Alternative Method to Convert MBOX emails into Outlook
Regain MBOX to PST Converter is an efficient method to export MBOX emails to Outlook PST without any data loss. It is designed to facilitate the bulk transfer of MBOX emails to Outlook. Additionally, it allows users to convert MBOX emails into the PST format, pdf, EML HTML TXT, Gmail, Office 365, AOL, IMAP, Hotmail, etc.
In this blog, we discover both method of manual and professional methods to Convert MBOX into Outlook. Both options are easy to implement, however there are times when users encounter issues using the manual approach. So I would suggest that you go for a third-party software and then convert MBOX emails with ease.