The greatest accounting software in the present century is undoubtedly QuickBooks desktop. Due to its robust characteristics, it has risen to the pinnacle of the list among major multinational corporations, medium-sized organizations, and even smaller ones. This program assists businesses in managing their money and sales as well as their accounts.Even though the QuickBooks desktop has become very popular, people occasionally run into problems in the form of QuickBooks error Qbw32.exe is one such typical technical error that annoys QuickBooks users.
The QuickBooks software QBW32.exe is essentially a file that is associated with the QuickBooks pro software for the Windows operating system.
Causes leading to the QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error
This issue may arise from a variety of different causes. These causes include:
- The QuickBooks directory does not contain the file ‘’qbwin32.dll.’’
- Your software version is out-of-date, and you’re opening the file incorrectly.
- QuickBooks Desktop’s installation files are flawed.
- It’s possible that the qbw32.exe file was relocated outside of the QuickBooks directory.
- A corrupted hard drive.
- An issue caused in the Windows operating system.
Easy Methods to fix the fatal application error QuickBooks QBW32.exe Error
The QBQ32.exe Error is not a too challenging issue to fix if you know the appropriate methods of getting rid of it. The troubleshooting techniques listed below include restarting the computer, preventing the QBW32.exe file from running, disabling QuickBooks Desktop, installing the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool, and other fixes. Let’s investigate all of them one by one. All you need is sit back and implement the methods one by one to oust the error.
Method 1: Reboot Your System
A quick solution to this problem is to restart your computer. Your computer will start over after the restart. After your computer has restarted, access QuickBooks.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Running your application through the QBinstall tool and checking for errors during installation of the QuickBooks-related software is the first stage in this process. Follow the steps:
- Save the QuickBooks install tool.
- When prompted, save your company file.
- Next, choose ‘All Programs’ and launch the QBInstall software.
- Depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance, the process could take some time.
- After the procedure is finished, restart your computer.
Method 3: Terminate the QBW32.exe process in the task manager
The QBW32.exe file error could be brought on by QBW32.exe running in the background. To resolve the problem, you must terminate it in the task manager.
- In the beginning, tap on the ‘Process’ tab and then hit on the ‘Task Manager’ option from the menu.
- Sort the results alphabetically and then tap on the Image name heading.
- Search for ‘QBW32.exe’ and upon choosing it, tap on the ‘End Process’
Method 4: Suppress QBD
Resolving the QBW32.exe-related error is also possible by suppressing the QuickBooks software. Both when accessing the company file and when starting the application, you can follow the process.
- While holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard, double-tap on the QuickBooks Program.
- When the ‘No Company Open’ box shows on your screen, continue to hold down the ‘Ctrl’
- Choose your company file from the No Company Open prompt when accessing the company file.
- By using the ‘Alt’ key, opt for the ‘open’ button, and by tapping on ‘OK’, you can disable/suppress the QuickBooks Desktop. Keep holding the ‘Alt’ key until all of your company’s files are open, and then release it.
Method 5: Go for Repairing of your QuickBooks Desktop software
Because it subsumes several different programs and is a large application with innumerable features, QuickBooks is prone to numerous problems. An effective and simple way of getting rid of the QBW32.exe error is to repair the software. To advance with the methods, follow the steps below:
- Launch ‘Control Panel’ through the ‘Start’
- Now, opt for the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option under ‘Programs and Features.’
- Choose ‘QuickBooks’, then opt for ‘Uninstall/Change’
- Hit on ‘Continue’ or ‘Next’ to proceed. Next, opt for ‘Repair’. Note that Repair will begin immediately but take some time to complete.
- In order to manually fix “Microsoft components,” which include Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft MSXML, and the Microsoft.NET Framework, follow the same procedure except for choosing these components from the list of programs. Subsequently, hit on ‘Finish’ once the operation is complete.
Method 6: Perform a Clean QuickBooks Installation.
To start this clean install procedure, you must first uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, rename the QuickBooks folder, and then reinstall the compatible version of the QuickBooks program on your computer. –
- From the control panel, remove QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Control Panel by typing its name into the Windows ‘search’
- Choose ‘Programs and Features.’
- Advance to ‘Uninstall a program’
- Opt for ‘QuickBooks’ from the list of programs, then hit on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ and ‘Uninstall’ buttons, then hit on ‘Next’.
- Upon uninstalling the software, make sure to rename the installation folder.
- You must visit the following paths in order to locate the install folder:
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Right-click the folder and hit on the rename option. Add ‘.old’ to the end of the name.
- Now, Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. Download QuickBooks according to your Windows operating system. Save the QuickBooks.exe file where you want it.
- Accept the License Agreement and proceed to the next stage by opting for the ‘Next’ button as you go through the instructions that show on your computer.
- Include the Product and License Keys correctly.
- Hit on ‘Next’
You may also read : First Time In London? Consider These Tips
Hopefully, the contents of this blog proved to be of considerable utility to you and assisted you in fixing the Fatal Application Error QuickBooks QBW32.exe error. If, in case, the issue with the QBW32.exe file still exists, then an easy walkway to deal with it is to call our Customer Support Team and let them handle the problem. Our experts are always available for your help.