QuickBooks Error OL- 222 restricts users to transfer their company files from a genuine bank server. Practically, users can no more import their ‘ .QBW’ file from the original financial source. This error usually takes place when the QuickBooks software doesn’t receive the intended response from the user’s financial source. If you are coming across any such error and want to get rid of it easily then you have come to the right page. In this blog, you will learn how to resolve QuickBooks Online Banking Error OL-222.
Since this is more on the tricky technical side, you might require expert help, which you’ll receive on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error OL-222
Every tech affiliated glitch has a minor or major reason behind it. Most of the time, if the reason is successfully located, errors can be then resolved effortlessly & in no time. Mentioned below are some of the reasons why you are facing the QuickBooks error QL-222.
- Error during the Company File curation.
- QuickBooks have not been updated to its latest version.
- Due to third-party software comprising operations such as QFX.
- Error in naming the ‘.QBO’ file as per the financial institution’s guidelines.
- Error in the ‘.QBW’ file.
These could be some valid reasons resulting in the QuickBooks error code OL-222 Desktop.
Solutions for the QuickBooks Error OL-222
Implementing correct solutions is quite necessary as even a tad bit of error can lead to bigger difficulties in the software. Mentioned below are some relevant &proven ways to fix the QuickBooks error OL-222:
Solution 1: Fix the formatting
- There are a certain name guidelines that are needed to be followed to avoid any such errors.
- If your ‘.qbo’ file comprises any such cases like ‘ ; , & ‘ you may contact your financial institute for the correct formatting guidelines.
- Insert the file name as per the guidelines given and it’ll resolve the QuickBooks error OL-222.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6155
Solution 2:Install a ‘fidir.txt’ file
Press ‘Control’ on your keyboard & then install ‘Download Linked File As’ then save it in your system.
Dele the older version of the ‘FIDIR.txt’ file to the trash & vacate it.
To do so, follow the given steps below:
- Go to the ‘Finder’ menu by pressing the ‘Option’ key.
- Select ‘Library’ and then search for ‘Application Support/com.intuit.QuickBooks20XX/Downloads’.
- Take out your ‘fidir.txt’ file &move it in the trash.
- On the menu bar, click on ‘Go’, select ‘Applications’ & then click on the ‘control’ option.
- Select ‘select QuickBooks 20XX’ and then select ‘Show Package Contents’ option.
- In the new tab, double-click on the ‘Contents folder’ that will lead you to the ‘Resource’ folder.
- Locate the ‘fidir.txt’ file and transfer it to the trash.
- Clear the trash file and then your QuickBooks error OL-222 would be resolved.
These were the two most effective solutions to pave your way out from the ‘QuickBooks OL-222 error’. If not implemented correctly, then errors can get even more complicated and hence it’s always necessary to do it with an expert’s help. If you’re looking for a cut above the rest technical services then reach out to us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to read this post: QuickBooks Error 6073