QuickBooks is a brilliantly designed software that seems to be the perfect choice for handling bookkeeping for your business. We can expect nothing more as it has already fulfilled all the business needs of small & medium-sized organizations. The users experience quick and hassle-free accounting, including secure data storage. Despite all this, the software always gambles with some internal issues that can affect the working of this software. QuickBooks Update Error 15106 poses a threat to the software while it tries to download the updates. If the same error codes popped up on your screen while updating your QuickBooks, continue reading the blog to find out the reasons and solutions for this error.
Our QB experts are always available to assist you in fixing this issue at 1-855-948-3646.
About the error
You won’t be able to update your QuickBooks desktop until the error is resolved from the software. It develops if the QuickBooks has some restrictions while connecting to the internet or accessing files from the hard drive. The update won’t be successful till these restrictions are revoked, and QuickBooks is allowed to download and access the files required for the update. You might experience crashes in the software after an error message, “The update program is damaged.”
The conditions which contribute to the development of this error are mentioned below-
- The firewall settings have blocked QuickBooks from performing specific actions like connecting to the internet, running background processes, etc.
- The Update file you downloaded suffered data losses in the process and is now damaged or corrupted to a level that became unsupported in QuickBooks.
- The software has developed some internal issues because of its faulty download on this computer last time.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS077
You can resolve this error by applying the following methods-
Solution 1- Run your QuickBooks in Administrator mode
This error can also occur if QuickBooks isn’t getting priority among the other applications running on your computer. The resources required by QuickBooks are being exhausted by other applications, and QuickBooks fails to acquire necessary requirements like Internet, RAM etc. You can prevent this by giving admin rights to QuickBooks that’ll allow it to use the bandwidth and access the folders whenever required. Follow the steps below-
- Search ‘QuickBooks’ in the search panel but don’t open the software.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and click on Run as Administrator.
- Now, try updating your QuickBooks again.
If the update process is still hindered by the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Configure the firewall settings to prevent QuickBooks from getting blocked
You can make sure that the QB isn’t getting blocked by the firewall after executing the steps mentioned below-
- Open the Windows Defender Firewall from the search panel located on the taskbar.
- Click the option Allow an app or feature through the windows defender firewall available on the left menu.
- Select QuickBooks as an allowed program by the firewall.
- Reopen QuickBooks & try updating the software now.
The update will finish properly after using these methods.
This blog consisted of information related to QuickBooks Update Error 15106. We also included the reasons for this error and some effective ways to get rid of this error from the software. We hope the error was fixed from your QuickBooks after using the methods.
Call our QB support team directly at 1-855-948-3646if you have any queries.
This article is posted on blogring.com