One of the most widely used and favored email clients is Microsoft Outlook. It has a ton of modern features and is user-friendly and simple to use. There is no connectivity issue, and it is simple to link Outlook to other email clients. The PST file format is used by Outlook to store all mailbox data. Email-related items like contacts, calendars, and others are included. Over time, a user accumulates a number of PST files, and many Outlook users concur that they experience difficulty locating the necessary PST files. Therefore, PST merging may be the answer if you’re tired of having multiple PST files and are looking for a way to combine Outlook PST files.
Advantages of PST File Merging?
A user may experience storage issues as the number of PST files grows. Overusing your storage space may cause issues with Outlook that ultimately harm your productivity or performance. It is crucial to combine PST files for this reason as well as for a number of other ones.
- Saving storage by combining multiple PST files into one
- If you intend to switch to another email client, it may be useful.
- If a user wants to share multiple PST files, merging is useful. As a result, you can easily share the desired files by simply combining them rather than sharing each individual file.
- As you merge your previous Outlook accounts
- When creating backups, the merging procedure is useful.
It can be difficult to combine multiple PST files into one, and users occasionally run into problems. However, by using the right techniques, you can combine PST files without any problems. We’ll go over how to merge Outlook PST files simply in the following section. There are a number of ways to accomplish this; in this blog, we’ve covered the first two.
How can I Combine Several PST Files into One?
We’ve covered two techniques in this section for joining Outlook PST files. The manual method is the first, and the use of a special program is the second.
Manual PST File Merging Technique
The two main steps of the manual procedure are “Creating a new PST file” and “Importing Outlook data to new PST file.”
Making a New PST File
- Click on the “Home” tab in Outlook once it is open.
- Go ahead and select “New Items,” then “More Items,” and then “Outlook Data File.”
- Click “OK” after deciding where to save the file.
- In order to merge Outlook PST files, a new PST file has been created, and data has been imported into it.
Data Import into a New PST File.
The data from the old PST files will now be transferred to the new PST file.
- Navigate to the “File” tab in Outlook.
- Select “Import/Export” after selecting “Open & Export.”
- Select “Import from another program” from the list of options, then click “Next.”
- Next, select “Outlook Data File” (.pst).
- The folder you want to import into the new PST data file should then be selected after selecting the desired options.
- After checking the “Sub-Folder,” click “Finish.”
- If you have more than one PST file, you must now repeat step two.
Several Issues with the Manual Process:
Although the manual process is free, it requires time and effort from you. The manual method frequently has these flaws.
- When there are multiple PST files, it is ineffective; you must repeatedly carry out step 2.
- It takes a great deal of time and effort.
- Data loss or alteration could be a possibility.
- Use the expert technique if you have multiple PST files and are looking for an easy way to merge the PST file.
The Best PST merge tool can be used to combine Outlook PST files. With the tool, merging PST files only takes a few seconds and mouse clicks. It is a quick, simple, and trustworthy way to combine PST files. When merging PST files, the tool is completely secure and neither data loss nor data alteration occurs.
We’ve covered two ways to combine Outlook PST files in this article. You can use the manual method, but the merge tool is unquestionably the best option if you have multiple PST files.