Seek to access your company file but continuously getting QuickBooks error 6073 when you try opening it in QuickBooks Desktop? If yes, you should not worry about receiving such 6xxx series errors of QuickBooks are pretty standard these days. So, for example, you might be seeing an error description stating, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. So another user may have opened it.” Keeping in mind the complexity of QuickBooks Desktop error 6073, we have put our best to explain the reasons it takes place and the ways you can follow to fix it through this post.
To get immediate support fixing QuickBooks error 6073, feel free to talk to our QuickBooks technical team +1-855-856-0042.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop error 6073?
QuickBooks Desktop error 6073 generally gets triggered when the company file is stored in a read-only network folder. There are different reasons as well that can start it, such as:
1. The background processes are not letting QuickBooks Desktop open the company file.
Do read this short blog: QBDBMgrN not running on this computer
What are the best ways to fix QuickBooks error 6073?
Solution 1- Fix the properties of your QuickBooks folder
1. On your server computer, choose the Windows button.
2. Type “File Explorer” into the given search space and then hit Enter on the keyboard.
3. Click twice the C: drive and then navigate through the path “Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit.”
4. Find the QuickBooks folder and click right on it.
5. From the given options, choose Properties.
6. Move to the Security tab.
7. Choose your user name and then click on the Edit button.
8. Put a mark on the checkbox for Full Control.
9. Choose the Allow button.
10. Click on the Apply option, and thenceforth, choose the OK button to save your changes.
11. Open QuickBooks Desktop and verify if you can access your company file.
If you get QuickBooks error 6073 again, move ahead to the next solution.
This blog is posted on blogrig.
Solution 2- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and use Quick Fix my Program
1. On your computer, shut down QuickBooks Desktop if it’s opened.
2. Open Intuit’s site, and from there, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the modern version (22.214.171.124).
3. Save the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file on your desktop screen to quickly access QuickBooks Tool Hub.
4. Launch the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and then go through the on-screen directions.
5. To finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub, accept the user’s agreement.
6. Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub and then choose the Program Problems option given at the left pane.
7. Pick Quick Fix my Program from the set of options and let the tool run.
8. The tool may consume some time to stop the background processes interrupting QuickBooks Desktop until it is over.
9. Thenceforth, start QuickBooks Desktop and open your company file.
If you are still getting the issue in your QuickBooks Application then it is best to consult with the QuickBooks Pro Advisors.
Hopefully, we will rectify QuickBooks error 6073 by applying the troubleshooting mentioned earlier. If not, then the QuickBooks installation files are possibly partially or entirely corrupted. Hence, our advice for you is to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool for fixing the QuickBooks installation files. To get additional assistance resolving QuickBooks Desktop error 6073, you can speak to our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.