Company file errors can sometimes be quite troublesome as they stop you from fetching all the crucial data stored in the data file. In this article, we will have a look at one such issue, which is the QuickBooks error 6190. The glitch primarily arises when you open the company file and receive the following alert message, “Error 6190 816: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. Thus, go ahead and read this detailed blog thoroughly.
If you have any questions about the QuickBooks company file error 6190, speak to one of the technical experts for quick guidance through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Major Factors That Affects the QuickBooks Company File Error 6190
Stuck with the problem but do not know why it triggers on your QB screen? Have a look at the following reasons-
- You can come across the error if your version of QuickBooks has not been updated.
- One of the other reasons for encountering the glitch could be the damage.TLG and .ND files.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS060
How to Permanently Rectify the Company File Error Message 6190 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Are you wondering how you can get rid of the issue instantaneously? Then you must refer to the solutions we have described further-
SOLUTION 1: Open QuickBooks After Updating it to the Newest Releases
- Before proceeding towards updating your QuickBooks, quit the application first.
- Move to the Windows ‘Start’ section to search for QuickBooks.
- Once found, hit the ‘Run as Administrator’ option by right-clicking on the QB icon.
- Further, you are required to open the ‘No Company Open’ window, and from its ‘Help’ menu, tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- After that, you must choose ‘Mark All’ in the ‘Options’ tab and ‘Save’ it.
- Next, on the ‘Update Now’ section, mark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- By clicking on ‘Get Updates’, you will be able to download the updates.
- At last, restart the QuickBooks Desktop and install the downloaded updates.
SOLUTION 2: Access the Company File After Fixing the Damaged Network Data and Transaction Data File
- Begin the procedure by navigating to the folder that has stored your company file.
- After you go to the folder, you are required to look for files that comprise the .TLG and .ND extension. Those files will also have the exact same name as the company file.
- Once you find them, right-click on one of the files, let’s say, the file with .ND extension.
- As you right-click on it, move to the ‘Rename’ option and hit it.
- To edit the name, add ‘.OLD’ at the extreme end of the file and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, by following these similar steps, change the name of the file that has .TLG extension.
- Finally, close the folder and start your QuickBooks Desktop to run the company file again.
The article ends here. After going through the entire content, we suppose you must have gathered all the requisite info about the QuickBooks error 6190. Call our technical support team through 1.855.738.2891 if you need any further assistance regarding the same issue.
You can read our other blogs on blogrig.com